I have to be honest with you, I was really hesitant to try out the Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles. It was all because of the past reviews I had read about the formula. But, when I read that they had reformulated the bubbles to make sure it didn't stain I agreed to test them out.
Again, I'll be honest with you: I was super nervous to play with them.
Moms despise stains in the laundry and the mess that they make of our lives... well, at least I do.
When it was time to test out the new Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles, I dressed my kids in "play" clothes and we set off outside to have some fun.
The girls loved the colored bubbles and the hand crank bubble machine (kid powered, genius!) gave them lots of enjoyment.
Again, I won't lie I freaked out when I saw the bubbles pop on their skin, but I relax when I was able to just wipe the color off their skin no problem.
Roo, of course, managed to get the yellow bubbles all over her play shirt and I have to report to you, that it did not wash out. So remember to wear play clothes that you don't care about when you play with these bubbles.
Here are the guidelines straight from Crayola when playing with the Outdoor Colored Bubbles:
- Dress for Mess. Wear washable play clothes and shoes. It’s best to not wear suede, leather or any other material that can’t be washed.
- Play Outside. An open grassy area is best away from new concrete, decks and porous surfaces like marble. Don’t use at formal events like weddings.
- Rub skin to remove color.
- Launder clothes promptly with water and detergent. Repeat washing may be needed.
- Hose off outdoor surfaces like sidewalks and driveways to wash away color. "
And once I calmed down, I enjoyed them too.
We spent a good hour blowing bubbles everywhere (even all over our white daisies in the garden).
Wanna try out the new formula?
I've got a Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles Prize Pack to giveaway.
Your prize pack will include:
- One Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles 3-pack
- One Bubble Launcher
All you need to do to enter to win is tell me what your favorite summertime activity is.
This giveaway is open to US residents and will remain open until March 31, 2012.
Disclosure: The Crayola Outdoor Colored Bubbles product information and gift packs have been provided by Crayola through MyBlogSpark.